Saturday, July 27, 2013

Recap

I might of, sort of dropped the ball when it came to monthly updates of my littlest, but since August will turn one in a couple of days, I thought I better finish these posts. Here's a recap of the last few months...



The 9th month was full of firsts...first tooth, first plane ride, first dance moves, first claps, first steps. You surprised us when you just turned one day and took a couple of steps away from the ottoman. You have a confidence that I'm pretty sure has been inherited from your daddy's side of the family. You can also click your tongue better than anyone I've ever seen, and you absolutely love to dance. Every time you hear music, or something close to music, you start to wiggle. You weighed in at almost 24 lbs., but your height still exceeds your weight in terms of percentile. 



At 10 months, you took off walking, and you haven't slowed down yet. You added quite a few new tricks to your bag, including waving, howling like a dog, giving kisses [complete with fish lips], blowing kisses, talking on the phone, brushing your hair, and rolling your R's. Sometimes you sound like a mini Chewbacca. Your dance moves keep getting better and better. You love to lean over, squat down, and start shaking your booty in what we call the "Boom Boom: dance. Your favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, and you smile so big if I start to recite it.


At 11 months, you continue to learn new things almost daily it seems.You now wink at us [with both eyes...which I think is known as blinking, but it's intentionally nonetheless]. You try to sing along to Old MacDonald, but you only manage to say EEEE-OOOOH. You and the dog have a little alliance when it comes to mealtimes. She sits below your highchair, and you sneak all of your food to her, all the while staring at me as if I don't know what you're doing. You've learned to open the dishwasher and you'll stand on the door and proceed to dance atop your stage. I just hope my dishwasher makes it through the rest of the year. You'll sweep our floors, and throw everything you can find into my bathtub. You love to swim, but hate to be in your float. You prefer the dive-right-in approach to water. Your favorite book now is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and we point out the caterpillar on each page.

You continue to make us laugh each and every day, sweet boy. I can't believe you're almost one. You've brought so much joy to our lives.

I'll eat you up. 
I love you so.

xo
Mommy

No comments: