Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big Boy

I went in for a sonogram on Friday because I'm still measuring pretty large.I look like I'm hiding a basketball under my shirt. Everywhere I go people tell me I must be due any day now. I get sympathetic smiles from other moms, and I even freaked out a couple of small children. The look on their faces was one of shear terror. It was priceless.  If you don't believe me, here's proof, and keep in mind this was taken a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not due until July 31:

If you're lucky, I might post a belly pic of what I look tomorrow, hopefully without the crazy eyes.

The sonogram revealed a few things
.
The first is that my baby's measuring in the 98th percentile. He's estimated to be 7 lbs. already, and if my due date's not off [which I think it is], I'm going to end up with a newborn the size of a 3 month old. Eek!
Here's a pic of his little foot that keeps kicking my right side and hipbone:


The second is that this baby is really low, which judging by the pain when I walk, I could have told you that much. His head's so low and his position is such that the technician couldn't get his whole face in the 3-D pictures. All we have are pics of his nose and mouth:


I think if I attempted to do a high kick, he might just fall out.

The final thing, and the one that amused the technician quite a bit is that this baby loves to stick out his tongue. The whole time we were in there, Baby Boy kept opening his mouth, puckering up his lips, and sticking that tongue out at us.


After all was said and done, the technician told me that I better feed this boy, because he looks like he's ready to eat. Audrie decided his name should be Lipson, or Lipton because of his preoccupation with his lips, and at this point we might just have to since we can't decide on any other names. I'm hoping I'll have a dream which will tell me what to name this kid, but as my dreams have revolved around fears like my pediatrician not taking our insurance, or trying to climb a narrow, dangerous staircase while holding a newborn and groceries, I doubt any name revelations will come to me.

Any suggestions? The only stipulation [from my kids] is that this baby has to have an 'x' in his middle name like Audrie and Finn.

xo

nessa dee


1 comment:

Isabel said...

What beautiful pictures:O) My 3rd child I immediately thought of matthew and we decided no more "J" names so his middle name is James the other two start with J's:O) Names are hard my middle son dislikes his name(i didnt pick it)Have agreat day and week:O) Thanks for sharing