Friday, March 23, 2012

Itchin'

I've been itchin' to get in to the studio, get it all perfect, and most of all get back to work, but I've had a few setbacks.
First of all, my perfect table ended up being a little wider than I expected. Though I'd planned the room over and over, and measured twice, and got all of the logistics worked out, I didn't bank on the sawhorse style legs to stick out as much as they did, and it didn't fit next to my dresser like I had planned. So I'm back to square one on reworking the whole space. Right now the table is under the window, which is not where I want it. This room gets wonderful light especially in the morning, but looking directly into that light is brutal. I don't know if I'll ever work in the morning since that's our school time, but just in case, it needs to be moved.

Secondly, see those two in the above picture? They've hijacked the new space to make their own creations. I found myself working on the floor yesterday while they enjoyed the lovely new workspace.

Lastly, since the beginning of time [it seems] MY studio has housed my HUSBAND'S power tower. It's not small, it never gets used, I can't get it out of the space without taking it apart, and I've tried to take it apart, but it requires the strenght of Hercules to do so. I don't have Herculean strength. So this thing is constantly being shifted around the room so I can either sit at the table, or open the closet, or get stuff out of the drawers.

On the plus side, it has made for a nice indoor jungle gym for the kids.

The plan is to get it out this weekend, and I can't wait!!

I also can't wait to show you the new paintings I'm working on.

xo
nessa dee


No comments: