Friday, July 9, 2010

I Heart Chalkboards

chalk5

I don’t know if I’ve shared this before, but I have a thing for chalkboards. I have at least 3 or 4 various sized chalkboards in my house, including a chalkboard table. I have to fight hard against the urge to turn every surface in my house into a chalkboard…really. I have way too many walls marked for future chalkboards, but I know that too much of a good thing is just that…too much. So I suppress the urge and move on to picking paint swatches.

Why all the sudden talk of my love for chalkboards? Well, I finally erased the birthday note I made for my husband, the note that required transforming a prominent wall in our house into a chalkboard [it had been there for a month]. When I painted this wall, I was super duper excited about the prospect of ever changing wall art. I had visions of daily masterpieces gracing the wall and written words of wisdom greeting us each morning at breakfast. I pictured utilizing the wall for school lessons and little notes to each other. And the just the thought of being able to draw on the wall without consequence was somewhat scandalous.

When I finally erased the wall, no sooner did I announce the clean chalkboard than my kids started drawing on it; and all of the excitement of this board’s potential came flooding back in.

And so, the always evolving art display begins…

chalk1

chalk2

chalk3

chalk6

as does the constant cleaning of hands…

chalk4

[And if you’re wondering why my son’s in a coat in Texas in the middle of summer, well, he’s dressed as a cowboy, and for some reason this required a coat.]

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Hehehe!! This post is adorable!!!
Im envious, I want a chalkboard wall!!