Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I’m LOST

Are any of you fans of the show LOST? Though I’ve watched every single episode from the beginning, I can’t say I’m the most dedicated fan. I probably would have quit watching two seasons ago if my husband hadn’t forced me to keep sitting next to him on the couch each time an episode aired. So that being said, it was obligatory I watch the series finale on Sunday. And being the nerds that we are, my husband and I decided to invite a few friends and fellow fans over and have a “LOST Series Finale Party.” Dorks, I know. But just wait until you see what we did…

[If you are fans of the show, this will make more sense.]

Oh yes, each person who attended got an Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 ticket.

tickets

Dharma Initiative food and party favors were a must.

food

And the nerdiest of all: the names that Jacob had written on his cave walls, we wrote on our breakfast room walls. [We’re in the process of removing wallpaper, so it wasn’t a big deal. They’ll probably be there for a year or two before I paint over them, sadly.]

DSC_0047 The finale made me laugh, it almost made me cry [but I didn’t], and it tied up some loose ends. I liked how you got to say goodbye to each of the characters, and I loved how the ending shot mirrored the opening shot at the beginning of the series… very clever. But, when all was said and done, they really didn’t answer the biggest question of all…what was the point of the island? They also left some of the more significant mysteries of the show unanswered. So they were cheap tricks to keep us watching? Not cool.

Ok, enough venting. The show’s over now, and once this blog post is over, I’ll forget about it and move on with my life.

Until the next sci-fi thriller,

nessa dee

2 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

Hilarious! Love the clever tickets and snacks. I agree about the ending. Just not completely satisfying with some significant mysteries left unanswered.

tammy said...

I am jealous of this party!