Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scenes From Christmas, Part 2: Puzzles and Games

Puzzles and games are always a part of our holiday festivities, and have been for as long as I can remember. As a small child I remember overhearing the laughter that would echo from my Gangy’s kitchen table as the adults played games. As years passed, the kids would linger around that table, watching and learning, and eventually joining in on the fun. Playing games has generated some of my favorite holiday memories.puzzle

puzzle2

game1

game6

kyle1 kyle2 kyle3 At some point on a long night of playing games, we all get a little punch drunk and things start getting really silly [for example, unnecessary accessories to aide our gaming strategies].game4 game3 game2

DSC_0386

And it never fails that someone [usually my brother, ok always my brother] purposefully ends up with food on his face or teeth and laughter ensues. Then, sadly, more of us follow suit. [ Did I mention that we’re pretty punch drunk at this point?] bro And just so my family won’t hate me for posting embarrassing pictures of them on the web…game5 I might regret this later. Oh well. We had fun.

xo

nessa dee

3 comments:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Sure had fun playing games this year-- I think we were overdue.

mindy~ree said...

You are so cute! I'm glad you posted all these! I love this post!! What a fun family you have!!!

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this great read!! I certainly enjoyed every
little bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to check out
new stuff you post…

Here is my web-site :: christmas decorations [http://holidaydecorhotspot.yolasite.com]