Thursday, October 22, 2009

I work better under pressure

paintings1

I was contacted last week and asked to participate in a consignment deal with a great local team of crafters. I responded with big ol’ “SURE, I’d LOVE to partcipate!” only to realize that I had no inventory to offer. That was Sunday night. On Monday, I started working on some new paintings. Knowing that space would be limited, I kept my paintings small. I cut small squares of canvas and began sewing on different little characters. On Tuesday, I made a deal with myself that I could only work on the paintings after I finished an illustration[the previous post] oh, and homeschooling my kids. So when that was done, I sewed buttons onto each of the paintings, ran to Home Depot to get some stretcher boards, came home and cut them to size [all 32 pieces], made the frames, stretched the canvas, and painted the backgrounds. Wednesday consisted of painting fine details, and sealing each of the pieces. By Wednesday afternoon I had 8 mini paintings and 2 large paintings packed and ready to be dropped off last night. I know…call me superwoman.

bird1 house1

whale bird2

house2

bird3

whale2

owl1

patches

Just don’t drop by my house when I’m in this manic rush of creative output. You might figure out that my super abilities don’t apply to housework, or self maintenance.

xo

nessa dee

5 comments:

Desiree said...

I cant beleive you did all of those so fast, they are wondefful! love love love!

Eric Barclay said...

These all turned out really great!

tammy said...

I love them all but the owl is my favorite! You are pretty amazing to do all of that so fast.

Asja said...

wow! you are are a superwoman! these are all lovely!

thedoodlegirl said...

You ARE Superwoman!!! These are absolutely amazing! You are truly talented!!