Friday, September 25, 2009

Crafty Friday: Scrappy Collages

Last night I went to an elementary school and joined a variety of artists in telling kids about the type of art we create. We were asked to bring a simple craft for the kids to create that helps to exhibit our art. Since I create mixed media collages, I decided to bring a bunch of paper scraps and glue sticks and let the kids make their own collages. I also thought I would kill two birds with one stone and take my camera to snap some pictures for Crafty Friday. Well, I started to snap what I’m sure would have been the most awesome pictures ever in the history of the whole world, but soon realized that I had left my memory stick in the computer at home. So, instead of seeing random children make some pretty awesome scrappy collages, you’ll have to settle for a couple of familiar faces and their collages, which are equally awesome.

Here’s what you need:

-paper scraps all colors shapes and sizes

-glue sticks

-construction paper

-scissors

You can probably figure out how this craft project is created. All you have to do is cut out a bunch of paper scraps [if you don’t have them already], set them in front of your kids along with some glue sticks, give them a piece of construction paper, and tell them to have at it. That’s it. Easy as pie. Here’s the picture montage…

DSC_0071

collage1 DSC_0079

Finn’s collage entitled, “Popsicle”

DSC_0080

Audrie’s collage entitled, “A Full Sky”

DSC_0084

Happy Crafting!

nessa dee

1 comment:

serline said...

I enjoyed watching the children doing Art and Craft. I always kept their works as they were so precious.