Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Question

Does a Reese’s peanut butter cup, a handful of Julio’s chips, and the melted cheese that oozed from the kid’s quesadillas constitute a well balanced meal? Well, let’s see….

peanut butter = protein

corn chips seasoned with lima and garlic = fruits and vegetables

cheese = dairy

chocolate which comes from the cacao bean = grains and legumes

Ok, I might be stretching things a bit. I have to admit that when I’ve got several projects in the works, my diet seems to take a hit in the healthy department. Instead of delicious and nutritious, I tend to favor quick and easy, sweet and cheesy? Mainly anything at hand which doesn’t require any prep work makes its way onto the menu. Sure I could’ve fixed myself a healthy meal in the time that it’s taking me to write this post, but then my blog wouldn’t be freshly updated. And frankly, who wants to read about how my super healthy lunch consisting of the 4 basic food groups gave me the energy to complete my projects at record speed, leaving enough time in the day to go for a run? That’s where caffeine comes into play.

sawumbrella2frames

Well, I’m off to down a soda and get a few things finished before I crash. Maybe tomorrow I’ll post what my idea of a clean house is during busy times.

I don’t think I’m that brave yet.

xo

Nessa Dee

1 comment:

tammy said...

Reeses Peanut Butter cups are so good! They are the best at holidays when they come in a shape because that's when they are the freshest and oh so wonderful!