Friday, February 27, 2009

Out of Focus

I started a little project a couple of days ago. I'm trying to document my painting process from the making of the canvases to the finished piece. Every time I set the shot up and try to get a picture, though, my camera has trouble focusing on the subject. I've identified some of the specific problems that occur with each shot.

Problem #1 - The "I want to play with you right now" shot. This tends to occur when you go outside and proceed to sit on the ground and your furry friend mistakes this gesture as an invitation to play.
Problem # 2 - The "I'm posing so you better take my picture" shot. If any of you have a kid who's been subjected to family paparazzi photo frenzies since birth, you are probably familiar with such dilemmas. Problem #3 - The "Mom....
...take a picture.....
...of my foot" shot. These types of problems arise when you have a toddler who thinks anything is photo worthy.And lastly, Problem #4 - The "look, I'm smiling" shot. I'm sure we've all encountered something of this nature. When a camera is pulled out, it's grounds for shouting "cheeeeeeeese," to which the camera then focuses on an unintended subject.
(In this case the subject did not shout 'cheese,' if you were wondering.)
I'm not sure on how to go about remedying these problems. I don't think they can be fixed. I'm just going to have to live with an out of focus camera....
and a lot of extra pictures! :)
xo
ND

1 comment:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

These pictures are wonderful! I love the way they are cropped and all. Great job. I adore the little birdie you did for Instinct! He is a hoot!!! great story in there I just know it!!!