Friday, February 6, 2009

A Comfy Socks Weekend

I apologize for the delay in posting these pictures, but I've been kind of using my recent ailment as an excuse to quarantine myself from the world and get some projects done. The "retreat" last weekend was fun as usual, but always too short. We need to start hosting week long retreats just to get everything done. We have big plans, but end up nixing half of them because there's so much catching up to do. Here's a snippet of what went on:

Preparing.



Decorating.


(more on this quilt top later)

Cooking.

...with some slight mishaps.

(let's play which one doesn't belong.)

Sock wearing.

(Comfy socks are a must.)

Walking.


Talking.

(porches with rockers and swings are good for this.)


Socializing.
(with the local women, at a mansion in town)



Desserting. (I know)
As in the consumption of the sweet stuff...
and I mean a lot of it!

Celebrating.

(Powdered donuts and hot fudge sundaes make the perfect birthday "cake.")

In addition to these things, we shopped, laughed, danced, and laughed some more. Our Saturday walk brought about a random tour of a beautiful old home in the process of being remodeled and a chance meeting with 94 and a half year old Alma, who told us the secrets of longevity. "Eat a spoonful of honey everyday, and live to serve the Lord." What a weekend it was!

Nessa Dee

1 comment:

Christy said...

It was such a wonderful weekend for our sisterhood retreat. Everything was perfect, but I agree with needing at least a week together.
Thank you for your special touch Nessa,from the homemade gift bags, to the yummy desserts, including my fabulous birthday cake and our comfy socks.
How I thank God for the gift of you in my life.
Love you much.