Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Tradition

It started with a trip to a small town 15 minutes away, to join my mom and grandparents at their new house.

A quick chat before we jumped into the cars and headed downtown.

Pit stop along the way....

We parked by the barbershop and walked to the main street to pick out a spot to sit. The corner across from the town square was perfect.

We bundled up, ate our supper, and waited.



And waited...


And waited some more.


Then, it started...a parade of lights.

It wasn't elaborate, and was a little long according to my husband.
For the kids, though, it was magic!


It ended with an appearance from Santa, who rode in on a shiny red tractor. The kids were in awe.



When it was over, we went back to my grandparents' house and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas together. We then loaded up the kids in the car and drove home. They fell asleep on the way.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

your hubby's really cute! am i allowed to say that? mine is too

Abby said...

What a fun event! I remember standing in the cold in the street one night waiting for a ball - I mean a star - to drop - I mean rise...

yoon see said...

Beautiful scene Nessa.
Thanks for sharing!
Loving your candid pictures here!

flower girl said...

You have a great family Nessa!! Great photos =)

Abby Weimer said...

I love your blog. I ran into it today by just hitting "Next Blog" and eventually got to an English one. Your kids crack me up, you have a great writing style, I LOVE your photography and can you please clone your husband for me? Send him to Pennsylvania. Thanks.