Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oops! I Forgot a Title

I'm back! Well, I've been back for a couple of days, but I had to play catch up in other areas of my life before I would allow myself to blog. My mom's doing well, and back home. Although things didn't go quite as expected, spending the night in the hospital gave us a little perspective, and we know that we have much to be thankful for. I hope you enjoyed my husband's novel while I was gone. It's good to know that in my absence, I have someone to step in and brag about how awesome he is. I'm just glad he didn't shave his legs!
Well, it's going to be a quick post today, as I'm going to be rushing like mad to get the ultra long list of "things to do before Christmas" done before I leave Saturday. Did I just say I'm leaving Saturday? Oh the pressure...

In the meantime, here are a few pictures...

Did you see the moon last weekend? It was closer to earth than it had been all year. I thought I was going to see a boy on his bike, flying in front of it with an alien in his basket. Seriously, it was that huge.


And this is what greeted me in the mailbox. They're Little Luchas, tiny wrestlers for your thumbs! Thumb wrestling masks! Aren't these awesome? I couldn't pass them up when I saw them on etsy. What better way to work out holiday stress than thumb wrestling matches in style! If you want a pair for yourself, just hop on over to Itybitybags' shop.





Check out my new pillows. They're not too comfortable, and they tend to wander off during the night, but they were quite the bargain!




We had a contractor in our house recently, and Finn immediately grabbed his toolbox to help the guy out. In order to keep Finn from getting in the way, I had to give him his own job...repairing the grout in our breakfast room. Not only that, he informed me that he fixed our table, too! I should hire him more often. Check out his toolbox. It was my grandpa's old metal lunch box that he carried with him to work for over 20 years. My grandpa recently fixed the handle (using a dog collar) and gave it to Finn. It's quite special.




Okay, not so quick post.

Well, off to shopping, baking, sewing, wrapping, picture taking, picture printing.

Nessa Dee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ness is back! Actually, it was impressive (only a little, Jon, don't let it go to your head) that your hubby was willing to go up to bat when his wife was MIA. The thumb wrestlers are adorable!!! You're such a fun mom! Remember, that I'm up for a shoot whenever you're ready!