Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good Morning


Saturday morning. A brisk 39F, sunlight streaming through the kitchen window. I sit down to a breakfast of homemade whole wheat bread with apricot jelly and my personal coffee. It's quiet. I open my Bible for this morning's read, and bathe in the warmth of the sun. My loyal companion sits at my side, waiting for a crumb to fall on the floor.



It's a good morning.....

My thoughts: "I should take pictures and document this blissful moment! I could right a blog post about how perfect this morning is."

That's when the all too familiar high-pitched shrieking started. "Stop it, Finn!" I heard coming from the other room. Another scream.

Me: "FINN, YOU NEED TO SHARE WITH AUDRIE."

Audrie: "MOM, FINN'S STEALING MY MONEY!"

Me: "FINN, GIVE AUDRIE HER MONEY BACK!"

Jon from the office: "I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT!"

CLANK! THUMP! This time coming from the office. I rounded the corner just in time to see my husband, who had tripped over a cord, falling to the floor, taking his coffee with him. Attention was diverted from the screaming children to the now coffee colored carpet. As my husband and I were on our hands and knees using a half a roll of paper towels to soak up the coffee that had splattered all the way into the dining room, I had to laugh. A lot of times, a situation as such can turn me into a grumpy grump, but given the fact that I had just been contemplating how to write the "perfect morning blog post," it had become quite comical.

So, there I was on my hands and knees alongside my husband, coffee on my pants, soaked paper towels covering the floor when my son strolled into the office and proceeded to climb up on my back for a horsey ride. My husband smiled at me. I smiled back. Although the morning turned out to be far from perfect, it was quite blissful indeed.

I'm going to go finish my breakfast now. :)

ND

4 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

What a perfect morning indeed when you can find joy in all circumstances!

yoon see said...

Yeah so perfect in the finding ND:)
Today is a Public holiday in Malaysia, I am having a great day too!

flower girl said...

Wonderful morning! and your dog is so pretty nessa! agree with Yoon see!! today is perfect cause its public holiday!
*hugz*

tammy said...

It actually sounds like a nice morning. I didn't know you had a dog, he is so cute!